Exfoliating is a very important part of our skin care routine. Today, let’s learn about coffee scrub and its benefits. Coffee has so many benefits for a healthy skin.
WHAT IS A COFFEE SCRUB?
This is basically what you think it is: a face or body scrub made with coffee. It is a type of mechanical exfoliation—this means that they physically remove dead skin cells from the skin’s surface. With a coffee scrub, finely-ground coffee particles are used to do the exfoliating. Click here to learn more about Exfoliation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A COFFEE SCRUB?
Same with all scrubs, a coffee scrub can help exfoliate the surface of your skin, taking away dull, dead skin cell buildup and leaving you with more radiant and glowing complexion.
Here are a few benefits:
It improves blood circulation.
The caffeine present in the coffee acts as a stimulant with aids blood circulation.
It removes dead skin cells.
Using a coffee scrub helps to get rid of sun spots, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles. The anti-oxidant properties help to generate new skin cells.
It improves the texture of your skin.
If you want to remove the dead skin cells from your body then use a coffee scrub. Your skin will surely feel softer, smoother and rejuvenated.
It gives youthful, radiant skin.
The anti-oxidants in coffee are good for the skin. It can give you fresh, glowing and youthful skin instantly.
It reduces the appearance of cellulite.
If you want to reduce the appearance of cellulite, use a coffee scrub . This is because coffee is a diuretic that dehydrates your body. So, when you apply it, the fat cells closest to your skin’s surface shrinks in size. It can also reduce the signs of stretch marks
It adds glow to your skin.
Do you want glowing complexion? If yes, apply a coffee scrub and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before washing it off with warm water. This scrub will help in removal of the dead skin cells and achieving glowing skin because coffee is a power house of anti-oxidant properties.
How To Make Your Coffee Scrub?
You can get it in any skin care shop around you. However, you can make your own scrub from the comfort of your home. Here is the simple ingredients I use to make mine.
- 1 cup of finely ground coffee
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- Mix the coffee ground and sugar together in a bowl
- Add the coconut oil bit by bit until it is well mixed. It should have a paste-like consistency (not too liquid, not too solid).
- Store in an airtight container. I will not advise storing it for a long time, 2 – 3 weeks is fine.
- Wet your skin, then turn off the shower.
- Start from your legs, apply the scrub in circular motion, don’t be too harsh on your skin during application
- Spend more time scrubbing the areas with cellulite or stretch marks
- Once its been applied all over, let it dry on your skin for 5-10 minutes to absorb
- Rinse off in the shower – if you have oily skin, you can use soap to wash it off or if you don’t want the residue from the coconut oil on your skin, though it is harmless.
Application of coffee scrub is best done in the bathroom because of its messy nature. Also be careful not to fall because the scrub is oil based. Experts say that you should only exfoliate your skin up to 3 times a week.