Smile is the prettiest thing to wear, no doubt about that. However, your smiles is not only about shiny teeth but also the lips matters.
Soft and healthy lips is something we all desire. It doesn’t only improve your appearance but also shows that your lips are healthy.
Chapped and dark pigmented lips are a concern to many, but with this simple remedy, you can easily lighten your lips, make them soft and pink.
Some of the major causes of dark lips are high exposure to direct sunlight, excessive smoking, use of low-quality cosmetics, high caffeine intake, taking tobacco, and hormonal imbalances. There are several ways to lighten your lips that don’t require buying expensive products.
Causes of Dry and Discoloured Lips
- Unhealthy Lifestyle such as much stress and smoking
- Keeping lips dry for long period of time
- Use of bad lip products
- Much exposure to sun light
- Not taking off makeup before going to bed
- Lip sucking
- Allergic reactions to toothpaste, lipstick, etc.
These factors should be taken care off to have a natural healthy lips and prevent further damages.
The lips have a very thin skin and no sweat gland, so special care on a daily basis is required to keep them soft and healthy.
DIY Lip Scrub and Balm
The first point to note is exfoliation, yes we exfoliate the lips too.
How to make lip scrub
1 tablespoon of granulated brown sugar 1 tablespoon of honey 1 tablespoon of olive oil Food coloring (optional)
1) get a clean bowl
2) then mix all the ingredients stated above accordingly with their measurements to get a thick paste and remember stir properly then add your food coloring ( little quantity) and stir properly as well and yes the pink lip scrub is ready
How to Apply
Using a soft toothbrush, take a little quantity of your lip scrub, wet your lips with water. Then scrub your lips gently and in circular motion for a minute or two, then wait for 2-3 mins before you wash off.
Benefits of a lip scrub
- This helps exfoliate your lips, thereby getting rid of the dead skin cells which gives your lips an unpleasant appearance
- It leaves your lips soft, hydrated and increase blood circulation
- It also makes you see the effect of your lip balm or pink lip balm quickly.
How to make Lip Balm
Lip balms are easy to make and you can customize it to your taste, whether sweet or minty.
Shea butter (any vegetable-based butter or oil) Wax (beeswax or carnauba wax) Essential oil (Vitamin E preferably but optional) 2 pots for melting and mixing A spoon to stir Container for your awesome balm
- Chop your wax finely into a small pot, cutting it in small piece enable it melt faster.
- Heat about 2 inches of water in a larger pot and place the smaller pot with your ingredients into it. Or place the small pot directly but on low heat
- When the wax has melted, add the Shea butter, stirring until it dissolves then you can add lemon oil
- Remove from the heat, set aside and add your favourite essential oil.
- Allow to cool down a little before transferring the liquid balm into your empty containers. Leave to cool for about 8 – 10 hours before you close the container.
After exfoliating your lips, apply a thick layer of lip balm all over your lips. The perfect time to apply the balm is at night. This is because leaving the lip balm on your lips overnight allows it to absorb into your skin, acting as an intensive night lip treatment.
Different skin tones will look better with different lip colors. Don’t feel discouraged if your lips don’t look exactly like your favorite celebrities or the lip product ads you see in magazines. The goal is to aim for lips that are healthy, hydrated, and smooth with this home remedy for your lips.
Related Post: How to make Pink lips Balm