We all love our skin and always want them glowing. Finding and committing to a skin care routine can be a scary task at times. Beautie Times is here to help you out. I promise to keep it short and simple. You do not need too much product and money to have a healthy and beautiful skin. In a nutshell, simplicity and consistency is key to have a glowing skin.
The skin is the largest organ of our body and we need to take good care of it, like we brush our teeth daily.
5 tips for healthy skin
- Drink enough water: Do not wait until you are thirsty to drink water. Take two glasses of water when you wake up, you can set reminders during the day to take water at intervals or there are so many mobile applications that can help keep track of that.
- Stress management: Too much stress can affect your skin and lead to breakout of acne. Get enough sleep, make out time to do things you enjoy. Exercise regularly.
- Eat Healthy: Eat foods rich in vitamins, protein and minerals; these classes of food builds and repair the skin. Take fruit supplement, also cod liver oil.
- Avoid unhealthy habits: Smoking causes wrinkles and make the skin look older. It can also cause cell skin cancer on the long run. Also take alcohol responsibly and not all the time because it affects the skin negativity too.
- Cleanliness: Be mindful of the things in contact with your skin; change your bed sheets regularly, your pillow case at least once a week. Do not wear dirty clothes. Wash your towels regularly with warm water.
Skin Care Routine
The three basic steps to keep in mind for your skin care is Cleanse, Moisturize, Protect. With these three steps, you cannot go wrong.
Step 1 : Cleanse
The general rule of cleansing your body twice a day, in the morning and in the evening is ideal. Cleansing in the morning help to remove the sweat and oil the skin emitted during our beauty sleep. Cleaning your skin in the evening, this is very important, removes the sweat, oil, dead skin cells also skin care products and makeup we applied in the morning.
Step 2 : Moisturize
Next, use a moisturizer. It helps keep the skin hydrated by locking it all in and not letting moisture escape. Get a moisturizer rich in antioxidants. Moisturizer is good for all skin types, go for the one specific for your skin type. To learn more about skin types click here.
Step 3 : Protect
“Sunscreen is your first line of protection against skin cancer,” Farber explains. “If you were to do nothing else for your skin, sun protection is the most important.”
Go for a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher and apply it daily (even on rainy days). Apply it 10-15 minutes before you leave your house.
That is all with the basic steps.
Some moisturizing products has sunscreen too. Check if it has SPF of 30 and higher. This can help you get the two in one product.
With time, your skin care routine will evolve.
- Exfoliate: Once or twice a week, you exfoliate your skin to remove the dead skin cells and make your skin glow. To learn more about exfoliation, click here.
- Use Face Masks and serum: This depends on the goal you want for your skin, maybe acne treatment, smoothness, toning, etc.
- Lip mask or Balm: Add a lip balm, gloss or mask to keep your lips hydrated. you can add it to your evening routine, this gives you a soft and smooth lips.
Remember these tips
If a new skincare routine doesn’t seem like it’s “working” right away, do not give up, patience is a must (and if any product promises immediate results, be weary). Give your skin a chance to get used to the product or active agent for at least two to three months before changing it.” The exception here, would be if a skin-care product causes any sort of irritation or allergic reaction — in which case, stop use right away.
Do not forget, consistency is very important, so make sure whatever routine you create, you’ll be able to consistently follow on a daily basis. Do not use too many products at the same time, ‘less is more’.